load info for .243 super rockchucker and 105-107gr. bullets

DanielLudwig

hey guys,
building myself a rifle in .243 src, looking for some load info to throw some 105-107gr pills down the way. i can do with just info, but if you have any velocities to go with it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Dan

A buddy of mine is shooting a standard 243 win with the 105 a-max at abou 3100fps. It has been very accurate on 1k plus pdogs.

I have never heard of a 243 src, describe the case.

Good luck
Steve

Hey Daniel,
I'm shooting a .243 AI with 7.5 twist bbl.. Recent ladder tests with h4350 powder and 107 smks resulted in the top end of the ladder ( 42.5 grs. of H4350 ) giving 3150ish velocities and promising accuracy. Further tests are in the works.Please note that I never reached any pressure problems so perhaps velocities higher than what I achieved are possible with accuracy
However if accuracy is your top priority , ther eis another load of H4350 under 107smks that gave me one hole groups at 100 and 1"groups at 300. Velocity is not high but depends on what you want . The load was 38 grs. of H4350 under 107smks, seated touching the rifling.

Hope this helps , am presently working on other combinations . Holler at me , Jim

The one I loaded for shot great around 45.0 gr of IMR4350 3120fps, or 38gr of IMR4064 2850fps. I got start data for this case by comparing 6mmRemAI load data and 243wby data. In my experence (and were only talking developing loads for 55grNBTs, 70gr TNT and 107SMKs, with pre fireformed brass) this case tends to be Just beyond the capability of the 6mmREMAI, but a good bit below the WBY mainly due to that long throat. Start concervative!!!

that is interesting, i shoot 42.5gr of H4350 with a WLRM primer in a standard .243 behind a 100gr sierra gameking sbt. this load has produced some stellar groups out of a factory 700 remington. i have taken deer at 350-400 yds with that load on occasion when the wind was tame enough for me to be confident.
does anyone here use a super rockchucker?
thanks
Dan

I agree with Abinok. Start conservative. I shoot a 240Wby and the freebore allows a lot of powder without much pressure. A shorter throat may get you a lot of pressure with the same amount of powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts