.243/105 Amax load

Chris , the only info I can offer is what is published in this little free Hodgon and all they say is 47grs don't say if its a max of min load , the do say that its compressed though

winmagman,
You can try H1000 if you want but even in my 6-284 (it has quite a bit bigger capacity) it was just a bit too slow with 105 and 107's. try RL22 imr7828 H4831.
B

Thanks brian
I'm trying Re 22 right now, accuracy looks promising but the ES is usually in the 40-50 fps range, was lookig to fill the case up a little more. I've got Re 22, H1000, and IMR 4831 in house right now so I'll try all of them first.

Whats the barrel length on your 6-284?
Chris

[ QUOTE ]
accuracy looks promising but the ES is usually in the 40-50 fps range

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that possible? Do you mean windage accuracy sans the vertical stringing?

b1g
Still in the barrel break in process and some limited load testing. I shot loads up to 45.0 grs with Re 22, no pressure signs. Tried 5 shot groups with 43.0 and 43.5 both were around 1" at 100 yds with the 43.5 being the smaller. I'm hopeing to find a load between 43.5 and 45.0 that is .5 moa or better with a lower ES. May or may not happen but at least the gun didn't print a "pattern" to start with.
Chris

You might need to come down more. Take a look at <font color="purple"> Q. How exact do I need to get my powder loads: </font> on my FAQ

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts