Load Data 28 Nosler 168gr LRX

Thank you Mandl....this is exactly what I needed. Have you tried the 143 gr Hammer Hunters? They recommended I load a few because he can get 3600 ft-sec at the muzzle. I worry about that much speed with close shots but willing to load a few for fun

David, I have not tried the 143's. I'm getting 3240fps with the 169's, and it's a brand new barrel. Should speed up a little more, may have to reduce charge. I did just try 177's with Retumbo and 570, but could not get the tight groups I did with the 169's. It's possible I can with more load development, but I have a 7wsm that shoots 180's very well, so not sure I need to go up in weight for now with this gun.

I go by what Shawn at Defensive Edge explained in his reloading DVD. I follow his instructions as closely as I can, he has built 2 of my rifles. His thought is the most important thing is that ALL brass are the same length. I trim all new brass to the same length from the beginning. Measure a batch of 50, or however many you are doing, and take a couple thou off of the shortest one so you know it is squared. Then trim the rest to match. The same length of necks on all brass will help a lot in your quest for low velocity spreads.

I'm running 83 grains of N570. Fed 215's. ADG brass. 169 grain Hammer Hunters. Shoots bugholes.
mandl:
What is your barrel twist? I have a CA with a 1:9 twist. shoots less than 1/4 MOA with 143 hammer hunter. Wanted to try something heavier but Steve at Hammer didn't think the 155s would work.
Thanks

I'm running 83 grains of N570. Fed 215's. ADG brass. 169 grain Hammer Hunters. Shoots bugholes.
I am loading 82 of N570 in my 1-8.4 28 Nosler, same bullet. Shoots very well. About 3200 fps. Seating depth doesn't seem to matter much at all. I started at 20 off lands, but stepped back to the next baring surface to allow for good seating without a crimp.