List of Senators

I'm about as conservative as it gets. Why do we care if psychopaths are put on a no gun list? And why do we care if we have background checks at any purchase? I don't believe in gun control but this bill isn't an instance where the gov is out stepping its bounds.
With your reasoning, you may want to consider changing your signature line, and maybe move to New York. Are you a gun owner? I wonder.:rolleyes:

This is the quote in your avatar:__________________
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

If the registration is targeted to criminal and crazies, who makes this decision?

The largest collection of criminals and lunatics outside of prisons and asylums is the Congress.

They are regulating, spending and enslaving our country to destruction.

I no longer worry about what the politicians call criminals and the mentally ill, they're random and fairly far between; but, I am terrified of these bastards that now rule you all day long every day and then rob you on payday.

The hypocrisy of the left is staggering. They have used every misuse of firearms by deranged individuals to further their goals of totally disarming the American population. The drumbeat now is, we must do this to save the children.

How is it this administration and the media is only concerned with saving children from gun violence. There are 1.5 million abortions each year, 3500 of them are late term, not only is there silence from the same people that is pushing gun control, they also actively provide support to Planned Parenthood who takes taxpayer money to murder these little people.

Barack Obama voted against a bill in Illinios that would prohibit late term abortion. After this bill was shot down and the slaughter resumed, another bill was floated that would require medical care be given to babies that survived the initial procedures. Once again Barack Obama stood on the side of the murderers and against the tiny humans gasping for life. Not only did he vote against the bill, he used his charm and considerable skills of oratory on the floor of the senate to defeat it.

There seems to be a news blackout on the kid that stabbed 14 students on a campus in Houston Texas. Not a whimper from ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC. Fox covered it but not anywhere near to the extent as if it had been a shooting. It appears this kid was inspired by the Jodi Foster movie " Silence of the Lambs ". A mask similar to the one Hannibal wore in the movie was found in his room. Writings about cannibalism was also found in his room. He indicated he wanted to cut the victims faces off so he could wear them as a mask as Hannibal did in the movie. There are connections to movies in several of the recent mass murders. There is also silence from Obama and the media concerning these connections.

One cannot turn the television on anymore without seeing a human shot, beat, dissected, dismembered etc. Every actor seems to have a gun in his hand. Hollywood has made billions promoting gun violence yet they are idolized by the Obamas.

So, with all the above in mind, any sane person should come to the conclusion that human life and the prevention of violence is not really all that important to the left. They are hiding behind these issues to further their agendas.

The left has been completely silent in the case of the doctor in Philidelphia who is accused of clipping the spinal chords of several babies that survived the initial abortion procedures. You will not hear much about this except on Fox. Not a whimper from Chris Mathews and the rest of his kind.

There seems to be a news blackout concerning the kid that stabbed and slashed fourteen students on a campus in Houston Texas. I guess they are not concerned about knife violence. This kid was inspired by the Jodi Foster movie, Silence of the Lambs, a Hannibal Lectar mask and writing about cannibalism was found in his room. He also indicated he wanted to cut the faces off of his victims and wear them like a Halloween mask. So far not a word from Obama, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC etc about the obvious connection of violent movies and video games to every one of the recent mass murders.

Well, something I did totally scrambled that last post. I lost part of the post so I rewrote it. It all showed back up when I posted. It's all screwed up and out of order but all the points I wanted to make are in there somewhere. SORRY.

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Above is a super easy link to use with a pre-written letter to send to all you federal and state elected officials that represent you determined by the zip code you enter. Absolutely could not get any easier to do. Or, write your own letter as is mentioned at the link.

I am happy to say that my two Nebraska Senators voted Nay. At least they listened to the people in their state, and obeyed their Constitutional oaths. Nerbaska is one of only 10 states, i believe, that already required a background check at gun shows. I'm really glad that Ben Nelson is gone. This whole thing reminds me of that black eye for Nebraska, the Cornhusker Kickback!

Having said that, it wasn't enough. What these so called republicans did was kill the filibuster, and made it possible for the democratic majority in the senate to amend the hell out of this bill and make it passable by a simple majority vote. Who knows how much they will try to add to it. As I see it, the only thing that we have to be thankful for is the fact that it must clear the republican filled House of Representatives when it gets through the Senate. Hopefully they will remain true to their oaths, but nothing is a guarantee these days. I can only hope that all of these idiots get voted out of office! I have been sick to my stomach lately about the direction of this nation. I'm so sick and tired of the political power games and a complete lack of doing their job as lined out in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Sadly one of the few good senators, Mike Johanns, has announced his retirement after this term. I'm scared of what Lincoln and Omaha may try to vote in, though I still believe there are enough patriots here to overcome their vote. Sorry, just voiced the rant in my head a bit.

The hypocrisy of the left is staggering. They have used every misuse of firearms by deranged individuals to further their goals of totally disarming the American population. The drumbeat now is, we must do this to save the children.

How is it this administration and the media is only concerned with saving children from gun violence. There are 1.5 million abortions each year, 3500 of them are late term, not only is there silence from the same people that is pushing gun control, they also actively provide support to Planned Parenthood who takes taxpayer money to murder these little people.

Barack Obama voted against a bill in Illinios that would prohibit late term abortion. After this bill was shot down and the slaughter resumed, another bill was floated that would require medical care be given to babies that survived the initial procedures. Once again Barack Obama stood on the side of the murderers and against the tiny humans gasping for life. Not only did he vote against the bill, he used his charm and considerable skills of oratory on the floor of the senate to defeat it.

There seems to be a news blackout on the kid that stabbed 14 students on a campus in Houston Texas. Not a whimper from ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC. Fox covered it but not anywhere near to the extent as if it had been a shooting. It appears this kid was inspired by the Jodi Foster movie " Silence of the Lambs ". A mask similar to the one Hannibal wore in the movie was found in his room. Writings about cannibalism was also found in his room. He indicated he wanted to cut the victims faces off so he could wear them as a mask as Hannibal did in the movie. There are connections to movies in several of the recent mass murders. There is also silence from Obama and the media concerning these connections.

One cannot turn the television on anymore without seeing a human shot, beat, dissected, dismembered etc. Every actor seems to have a gun in his hand. Hollywood has made billions promoting gun violence yet they are idolized by the Obamas.

So, with all the above in mind, any sane person should come to the conclusion that human life and the prevention of violence is not really all that important to the left. They are hiding behind these issues to further their agendas.

The left has been completely silent in the case of the doctor in Philidelphia who is accused of clipping the spinal chords of several babies that survived the initial abortion procedures. You will not hear much about this except on Fox. Not a whimper from Chris Mathews and the rest of his kind.

There seems to be a news blackout concerning the kid that stabbed and slashed fourteen students on a campus in Houston Texas. I guess they are not concerned about knife violence. This kid was inspired by the Jodi Foster movie, Silence of the Lambs, a Hannibal Lectar mask and writing about cannibalism was found in his room. He also indicated he wanted to cut the faces off of his victims and wear them like a Halloween mask. So far not a word from Obama, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC etc about the obvious connection of violent movies and video games to every one of the recent mass murders.

Augustus, great post --it about says it all. I also thought that the coverage on the stabbing was weak. Not that I watch those other networks but FOX only covered it so so and no where near covered it as it was a shooting. You can look up these stats for yourself but more people are killed every year by knives, fists and blunt instruments that with assault weapons. You never hear anything about that. All of these new proposed laws are about gun control. Period. Its like death by 1000 cuts. One cut here, one cut there and eventually you'll die. Same goes for our constitution.

Randy

I don't think the environmentalists will allow such a thing. It would pollute even the rankest landfill. Heck, even a sewage treatment pool is to nice for them.

I got the same reply today from Hussein. Your description of the letter is very kind.

Jeff

At least we got a reply Jeff. The salutation was actually by my first name which tells me that even though it was a form letter, you and I (and I presume thousands of Constitution supporters) are on the 'list'.

Despite the fact that I loathe Obama, I was attempting to be considerate.

I want to be a Komrade........gun)

Re: List of Senators - Question

With friends like this do you really need any enemies?

Gun group

Why is it that politicians are more interested in perpetuation of their positions than actually representing the wishes of their constitutients?

I just can't get myself around the premise of self indulgence versus what they are there for in the first place.

Re: List of Senators - Question

Why is it that politicians are more interested in perpetuation of their positions than actually representing the wishes of their constitutients?

I just can't get myself around the premise of self indulgence versus what they are there for in the first place.

AMEN!!! The new job description is so far away from the original right now that it is ridiculous!!!

I just got an email from Senator Baucus saying he will not support the current bill on background checks being debated, S.649, in reply to my phone call to his office last week. Glad to hear it.

Dear Mark:Thank you for contacting me about our Second Amendment rights. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me about this important issue.
Recent tragedies have shaken all of us, and everyone wants to do their part to protect our children and communities from violence of all kinds.
I have heard from thousands of Montanans, and it is very important to me that every Montanan has a chance to weigh in on an open and transparent debate. But, I do not support the bill that is currently being debated in the Senate, S.649. This bill does not do enough to protect the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners to keep and bear arms.
As Montanans, we are passionate about our Second Amendment rights, and we respect the responsibility that comes with it. What makes sense in other states doesn't make sense in Montana.
I do not believe top-down, one-size-fits-all directives from Washington are the right approach. Also, before we pass new laws, we need to do a better job enforcing the laws already on the books. Under the Obama Administration, federal weapons prosecutions have fallen to the lowest levels in over a decade.
I also strongly oppose the assault weapons ban. I voted against the assault weapons ban in 2004, and I worked to get it removed from the debate altogether this year.
I will not vote for anything that puts Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Montanans in question. As the debate moves forward, I will continue listening carefully to Montanans. Your input is very important.

My response to him...

Senator Baucus,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear you do not support S.649 or any other legislation that would infringe upon 2nd Amendment rights.

I agree that we need to enforce current laws which are not being enforced and prevent violent offenders from being released from incarceration and roaming the streets freely. Many, many inocent people are slain by already convicted offenders by guns and other means.

As you know, we here in Montana have a high rate of gun ownership and relatively few gun laws and enjoy a very low crime rate. Contrast to places like Chicago which has very strict gun laws and restrictions and some of the highest crime and homicide rates. In Montana, law abiding citizens own the guns and crime is low. In Chicago, criminals own the guns and crime is high. Criminals do not obey laws and gun laws only serve to restrict and disarm law abiding citizens.

I was very disappointed that you voted against the amendment against agreeing to the UN arms treaty. I am very much against any UN treaties that would have any negative affect on any of our Constitutional rights.

I also encourage you not to support any Supreme Court nominees that are not strong advocates of interpreting and supporting the Constitution and Bill of Rights. The Constitution is not an obsolete nor a so-called "living" document that can be changed and usurped through loose interpretation and popular progressiveism. I am disappointed with your past votes for Justices who should not be sitting on the Supreme Court bench.

Thank you again for your reply and Consideration,

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.