Lightweight Long Actions

As I've gotten older, I've gotten lazier. I'd smack the easy button.

I've built so many rifles over my lifetime that I've hit a point at my age that I don't have the time or patience to build anymore. A few years back I picked up a Weatherby Mark V LIghtweight in 6.5-300 which was fairly light weight except for the stock. I put an AG stock on it and shaved a pound off of it. With scope, rings and base it hit the scales at 7lb 10 oz. And when combined with N570 would shoot close to .5 MOA. When the Back Country TI came out I decided to try again and lightening does sometime strike twice. This rifle shoots equally as well and weighs in at 6lbs 10oz with scope. I couldn't ask for more in a light weight full magnum actioned rifle

Last edited:
Who made the two piece base?
We carry these two piece bases at Pierce Engineering. We have them made for us for the Shadow and Skele-Ti actions, but they work on any of our other short and long 1.350 actions as well.

From the Sherman website:

The 270 Sherman has become quite popular for those wanting that 270 nostalgia with the punch of a magnum on an '06 case size. This is even more appealing with new bullets like the the 170 Berger EOL available. Even though the parent case is the 270 W, you won't recognize the velocity!

Here is the case:

View attachment 448675

The case is a 300 Sherman (L) and is compared to a .270 case (R) in the pic.

Enjoy!

:)
Yes, I saw that one but not the Mag. @Bghunter338 has posted more info on it now.

Just got done with my build using the Pierce engineering shadow. I'll now more once I get it in my hands.

View attachment 448648View attachment 448644View attachment 448645View attachment 448646View attachment 448647
Matthew built it for me at Pederson Precision LLC.
@PP guns
It is an AG, I love there stocks
Nice! Matt built a 6.5 PRC for me about 2 years ago. 1:7.5 24"barrel.
Looks like one of his carbon barrels. Mullerworks barrels? The accuracy is phenomenal.

Attachments

• 8B0442CC-2348-4657-8B0B-3D38BDE418AD.jpeg
    8B0442CC-2348-4657-8B0B-3D38BDE418AD.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 60
Nice! Matt built a 6.5 PRC for me about 2 years ago. 1:7.5 24"barrel.
Looks like one of his carbon barrels. Mullerworks barrels? The accuracy is phenomenal.
My other two he built for me are muller works as well and both are one hole guns. But apparently they don't do a 7 twist in 270 so I went with McGowan on this one.