Lightest Tripod for hog saddle

Hog saddles prst would be my choice honestly... not a rediculous price on them and they are designed with the precision rifle shooter in mind. Short center column for rapid height adjustments, lever locking legs, supports plenty of weight, carbon fiber to shave pounds.

Cool thanks guys. I have a setup now and just trying to cut weight. I found a Manfrotto that is 2.5lbs. I have been playing with the best setup for hunting. I was carrying a small and tall bipod. Using a rail. But then I decide the hog saddle after watching this clown outdoor edventures. It's great just one more piece to carry. But I found a second use for it. I strap my leicas into it and us for glassing. I'm amazed at how much more you can see that way. Also get a good sense of how good the glass is. So now I'm thinking I can cut weight off the pod and get one that's legs are adjusted with a throw style rather twists. I would be good to go. Strap to backpack and roll. Although it's still heavier than a second bipod so I'm only really gaining a better setup for calling and glassing. But think it's the way to go.

If you live anywhere near an urban area get on Craigslist. I found another production video camera Manfrotto tripod and head unit valued at 450.00 for 75.00

I may or may not have bought it and resold it for a profit to another hunter.

I'd highly recommend Field Optics research tripods. Especially the carbon tripod. They have a 2lb model that is around $225 that supports 17lbs. **** nice tripod

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts