• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Light Weight Scope

BigPig069

Building a light weight packing gun, looking for light weight optics for it as well. Let me know what y'all have or suggest!
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, I've got a vortex razor light hunter. 2-10x40. Brand new scope. 15.4 oz per vortex website. I'll put you on it with a good deal.

What are you looking for ?
FFP or SFP?
MIL or MOA?
Illuminated reticle?
Plans on dialing turrets?
Mag range?

Building a light weight packing gun, looking for light weight optics for it as well. Let me know what y'all have or suggest!
Thanks

For light weight, prices, and resale value it's really hard to beat Leupold and getting them on Gunbroker you'll find prices nobody else can compete with.

I put a 2.5-10x32 Vortex Viper on my have gun will travel package. It has been very functional and both size and weight make the titanium .260 very well balanced. The Night Force version is also excellent, a little heavier and twice the price.

I second this. I like this size and it can be mounted low. I have a Viper HSLR FFP 2.5-10x32 collecting dust at the moment, if you are interested hit me.
upload_2019-12-30_23-37-43.jpeg

What are you looking for ?
FFP or SFP?
MIL or MOA?
Illuminated reticle?
Plans on dialing turrets?
Mag range?
I'm proficient with either MOA or MIL, I could go either way with illuminated or not, I know with the illumination it usually weighs a couple ounces more. It would be nice to be able to dial with turrets, and looking for something in magnification between 3-15 or 4-20! I'm really leaning on the Leupold VX5HD although a Swarovski Z5 has not been ruled out.

March F 3-24×52 FFP@ 24.4oz
March F 2.5-25×52 SFP @ 23.5oz
Tangent Theta TT315M 3-15×50 @ 27oz
S&B PMII 5-20×50US @ 28oz

I am not the guy to ask about cheap scopes. So take my suggestions as higher budget suggestions.

None of those offerings seem to be really lightweight?

The 2-7x28mm Leupy or new 2-10x32 SWFA at 9 oz is the ticket, and they offer a ballistic version. Picked up two (plex) this last month @ $249 each, hope to shoot them soon.

I love the 3-15 VX-5hd. It is the perfect all around hunting scope in my opinion from functionality to price. It is not however, light or super agile. Hard to go wrong with though. I am a huge fan of the firedot.

It's actually one of the lightest in its class unless you spend twice the price. I used to run Swaro glass on most of my rifles and have switched to the VX5 or VX6 line on 99% of them. They simply cant be beat for the features/price.