Leupold VX6 HD 3-18 x 44 Illuminated TMOA Reticle

General RE LEE

I am selling my last Leupold Mark5 HD (amazing scope but FFP) for a VX6HD 3-18x44 with the Illuminated TMOA reticle to get back to a bolder SFP reticle for low power.

Anyone have experience with the TMOA reticle?

Also I own VX5HDs and was wondering if there was any difference in the VX6HD glass. I do like the features of the VX6HD.

I stand corrected. I have a 1st generation vx6, 3 to 18x50, a tango 4 sig, a GPO 2.5 to 15x50. Did a test at dusk. The sig was brighter and sharper than the leo and the GPO was a magnitude above both.

I can personally advise that a sig tango 4 is in no way brighter or sharper than a vx5 hd or vx6 hd. Unless my tango 4 was a complete dud, that's the scope I have been most disappointed by. Tracking wise it was okay but the eye relief was terrible and I would compare the glass to a $400 Burris. Not a $1500 Leupold. But hey it's popular on this site to hate on Leupold.

Between the 5 and 6hd I have 8 of them. None have given me an issue. I sold my swaros and a couple Zeiss in favor of them.

Last edited:
I can personally advise that a sig tango 4 is in no way brighter or sharper than a vx5 hd or vx6 hd. Unless my tango 4 was a complete dud, that's the scope I have been most disappointed by. Tracking wise it was okay but the eye relief was terrible and I would compare the glass to a $400 Burris. Not a $1500 Leupold. But hey it's popular on this site to hate on Leupold.

Between the 5 and 6hd I have 8 of them. None have given me an issue. I sold my swaros and a couple Zeiss in favor of them.
I gave my honest opinion. I do not bash what I have. I tell what I see. I have 20/12 in my left eye and 20/14 in my right eye. If you look on sigs site they have reviews. One customer complained about breaking turrets off. Hmm. Take a lot to break off a 1/2 inch stainless stud. But you ninny you do have to tighten up the caps after adjustment to keep them from falling off lol

I am selling my last Leupold Mark5 HD (amazing scope but FFP) for a VX6HD 3-18x44 with the Illuminated TMOA reticle to get back to a bolder SFP reticle for low power.

Anyone have experience with the TMOA reticle?

Also I own VX5HDs and was wondering if there was any difference in the VX6HD glass. I do like the features of the VX6HD.
Same glass for me the vx5 has a more forgiving eyebox
I have the t moa in a couple scopes and like it, works as advertised when I do my part.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.