Leupold VX 6 , 3 x 18 44m

kherzfeldt

Looking at this with a close to buy eye. I am trying to have it all and perhaps thats not possible. Looking for a very strong hunting scope out to 500 ish on a 300 wsm, but woull also like to plink at long range Iron here in Colorado . 800 ish. I have a 15 moa base waiting for the optic choice in this proce range, $1200 , Fire dot plex for low light hunting.... Berger 190 VLD...

What say the experts? The emphasis is on hunting.

I have 2 of these scopes. One has the firedot and is on my wife's 270wsm shooting the 165 matrix out to 1000+ yards with the cds dial. The other is in fine duplex on my 6.5 Lapua with the cds dial shooting the 140 Breger Hybrid and is spot on @ 900 yards. These scopes offer amazing clarity and to me are optically better than the Swaro Z5s at a much better price, not to mention made in America. I just received another VX6 4-24x52 with the tmoa reticle to replace my nightforce on my 7wsm. I just need to get some 34mm rings for it and will be in business. It is so much brighter at dawn/dusk than the nightforce, there is no comparison. You won't be disappointed!

Ben

Hey Ben any chance you can post a review on that 4-24x52. I am extremely interested in this scope. Or if you prefer a pm. Thank you

Looking at this with a close to buy eye. I am trying to have it all and perhaps thats not possible. Looking for a very strong hunting scope out to 500 ish on a 300 wsm, but woull also like to plink at long range Iron here in Colorado . 800 ish. I have a 15 moa base waiting for the optic choice in this proce range, $1200 , Fire dot plex for low light hunting.... Berger 190 VLD...

What say the experts? The emphasis is on hunting.

My VX-6 is the 3-18x50mm, but similar performance can be expected.

My LRH review is here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/leupold-vx-6-3-18x50-questions-98766/#post847718

Anxiously awaiting elkoholic72's VX-6 4-24X52 review!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.