Leupold VX6 CDS repeat ability?

Out of town for the weekend but I'll definitely post up some pics when I get back. The pic you found is not exactly what they look like... The turrets are capped and you can see the threads that the cap threads on to, but they are taller closer to the 2nd pic you posted but without the the prominent knurles.

Thanks man! I talked to Leupold about the turrets for a while but the guy seemed just as confused as I am. He did say that M3 turrets can be put on the VX-6 but he didn't know how much it would cost. Probably $150-200 for both turrets he said. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Some pictures.

the VX6 turrets are not as nice as the pictures posted of the M3 style. But I want to hunt with the caps on so they are perfect for what I want. The turret knobs that come with the scope are the funnier looking "top hat" style. The zero stop skirt is marked and shows through the bottom to indicate revolutions.

The zero stop skirt is a simple/inexpensive solution and Leupold said they are designing a more elegant solution.

I also show pics of the CDS dial on the elevation turret. The skirt is still underneath as a zero stop but the turret covers it completely. I am planning on getting two more of this style turret just marked in MOA. I am personally not a fan of turrets marked in yardage. In my opinion they are ok for out to 600 or so yards but beyond that I like the exact MOA solution from a computer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 129
Not sure why pics are uploading sideways.

Here is the CDS turret on the elevation. You can get This style marked in MOA or yardage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 127
Some pictures.

the VX6 turrets are not as nice as the pictures posted of the M3 style. But I want to hunt with the caps on so they are perfect for what I want. The turret knobs that come with the scope are the funnier looking "top hat" style. The zero stop skirt is marked and shows through the bottom to indicate revolutions.

The zero stop skirt is a simple/inexpensive solution and Leupold said they are designing a more elegant solution.

I also show pics of the CDS dial on the elevation turret. The skirt is still underneath as a zero stop but the turret covers it completely. I am planning on getting two more of this style turret just marked in MOA. I am personally not a fan of turrets marked in yardage. In my opinion they are ok for out to 600 or so yards but beyond that I like the exact MOA solution from a computer.

Are you able to explain which VX6s come with what turrets?
Looks to be the original style with CDS option, the pictures you posted with CDS option and then the M3 style posted earlier?

Would love to get a 3-18x44 with TMOA reticle and the M3 style turret, but looking at different models on various websites, does not make it obvious.

Thanks for the pics Timber. I've just learned more from you than I did from the entire leupold website, 3 emails and one phone call to leupold. I agree with you that dialing yardage is a good option for quick shots out to medium range. I also like to hold for wind in most cases rather than dialing so a capped windage turret is great.

When I talked to Leupold about the turrets the guy said M3 turrets were indeed compatible with the VX-6 and could be added via their custom shop. The price hadn't been set yet, but other turret swaps are typically $75-100 each. I think my ideal setup would be to leave the capped windage alone and have an M3 installed for elevation...engraved with MOA numbers on bottom and 1 revolution worth of yardage numbers on top.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended-up going with a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 x 44 BT. So far I'm happy with it!

So are these larger turrets more tactile feeling than the standard low cds turrets? I have a 3-15x44 that I like quite a bit but the mush in turrets is pretty bad.. it isn't very confidence inspiring to barely tell when you hit a click.

Better clicks and an illuminated Tmoa reticle is all I ask..

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts