Leupold VX11 6-18X40mm

Savage .308

I found a great deal on a Leupold Vx11 6-18 with target turrets. My question is does any one have experience with this scope? good or bad let me hear it.

Had one on a VS 308,no complaints.The cheapest I found one at the time was about $439.00 from Bear Basin about 1/2 yr. ago.Available only in matte.
Had no problems with repeatability of it.

I have 2 and like them both. There not as nice as the 8.5x25 but then again they cost a lot less. If you are getting the 1/8 mil dot don't plan to use it for hunting dawn or dusk that little dot is hard to find in the shadows.

No problems with mine..till i dropped it on the concrete from 4' up...attached to a 15lb rifle -- good basic or varmint scope.

Works better since the trip back to Leupy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gunnerhmr...where you at in C.PA?? send me an email to the email in my profile.

JB

I have 3 of these scopes and love them. I think they are the best target scope for under $500. Just my opinion. I have them on a 300 RUM, now retired and wears a MK4, the 6-18 had no problems on the RUM for the 700 rounds it was on. Also sits on a 25-06 and a .220 Swift. I have only had 1 occurence where I was at a setting at 600, then I seen a yote at 200 and clicked down, well my scope didn't shift and I shot way high. Only happened once in about a zillion times on all 3 scopes. This was on my 25-06. Overall though, I dont think they can be beat for a scope under $500.

2506 -- agreed on the best under 500...though nikon has a fair offering in their buckmaster scope.

Forgot to mention, my 6-18 has 72MOA of total elevation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

JB

JB
Agreed that Nikons Buckmasters are pretty good right now. If I wasn't so stuck on Leupold, I would probly get that new SF Buckmaster. As long as Leupolds in business though, they will always get my business for scopes. The one that was on my RUM would go out to 1150 yards. Not even a 30mm tube, no special rings or inserts. I just slapped it on, bore sighted, sighted in at 200, then clicked up to 1150. Its only becuase the 300 RUM shoots so flat, but still I didn't really need my MK4.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.