Leupold VX-L SCOPES ?????

expensive,not very clear,tracking problems.Bushnell 4200 scopes are the best optical clarity for the money,work flawlessly,less than $500.Try the 8-32

[ QUOTE ]
expensive,not very clear,tracking problems.Bushnell 4200 scopes are the best optical clarity for the money,work flawlessly,less than $500.Try the 8-32

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Nikon Monarch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Other than finicky parallex adjustment no problems, but I wish I had gone with a NF. I do not think the custom shop will change recticles, and no target turrets are available either. Clarity is okay, but I wouldnt reccomend it. If you are a leupold fan stick with the vxiii. The parallex adjustment really isnt a problem after you realize what is causing the horizontal stringing. You just have to be careful adjusting it. I would love to trade out my 6.5 x 20 for something else.

You need to check the Leupold website. There is a little more to the VX-L than more money. That odd big front lens costs a lot to produce. DiamondCoat lens coating gives you Leupold's highest level of scratch-resistant protection. The O-rings are different to contain the new thermal shock enhanced Argon/Krypton fill process. The adjusters are Titanium-nitride coated stainless steel. I don't think the VX-III's adjusters are titanium coated. I hope so.

I've got Eddy's rifle and scope at the house right now and looking out to 200yds with it in lowering light compairing it to a 50mm VX-III it is brighter and clearer. In the 9-10 power range is a good bigh brighter than a Nikon Monarch but the lens is alot bigger and the 30mm tube also helps.
Its not the scope that my S&B 4-16 PM-II is but its a good bit cheaper also.

Not sure how the 30mm tube helps considering that the internals are the exact same as the 1" scopes. It only allows for more verticle and horizontal adjustment to my knowledge. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Lance

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.