Leupold VX-3 or Mark 4

timeless61, you said your going to be selling the current scopes you have, I'm currently looking for the exact scopes you've got. Let me know how much your looking to get. Pm me.
Thanks
Andy

I got my Mark 4 6.5-20x50 in January of this year from SWFA for $1100. It has the illuminated TMR reticle and the M1 turrets. It is a great scope, optically as good as anything until you get to S&B in my opinion. However, if the price difference between a Mark 4 and a vx 3 was over about $300< I would go with the vx-3.

I talked to the Custom Shop last week and found out that you can get an illuminated TMR reticle on at least some of the VX-3s -I asked about the 3.5-10x40 and the 3.5-10x50.

I really like the VX-3 LR scopes. These are beefed up and have many of the features that the Mark 4's have like twin bias spring erector system. I top off these scopes with Kenton Industries 3 Tier Scale Special Purpose Knobs and they are good to go. I have not had any problems with repeatability with this setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.