Leupold Rifleman Scope 4-12X40

fishingdude7

Wondering if anyone has used this scope before. I can pick one up for about 240 and wondering if it would be worth it?

fishingdude7, The rifleman series is the bottom of the Leupold line. Not as good lense coating, old style focus, pressure-type reticle adjustments, etc. I would at least step up to the VX-II level. Remember with optics, you get what you pay for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Stop !

Don't even think about it !

For about the same money you can get a Nikon 4.5x14 x50 with side focus that I have wrung out as well as others here that are much more experienced than I am .

The optics are brighter ( help ! Jerry Teo ) the tracking is what it should be . It offers finger adjustable turrets aaaaaannd!..... revolution counters.

So ? what are you waiting for ?Thing is , I may have been the first to post here ( or second , whatever ) but you are going to get more of the same , and the longer youn wait the more of the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifou willl get .

The low lines that Leupold offers are no better than .........what to say ? anything else out there .

Ask , look around , and hey guys ! chime in here , this guy needs to get the best for his dollar !

Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.