Leupold or Zeiss 6-20X50

wasgas

What's better for LRH on my 338RUM the Leupold VX3 or the Zeiss Conquest in a 6-20X50? My primary use of the gun is hunting.

when I was doing the serious side by side comparison between the NXS, VX-III and Conquest you mentioned the results were:

Nightforce way ahead

Conquest behind the NF and

The VX-III more than twice the distance behind the Conquest than the Conquest was behind the NF.

I went with the Conquest for that rifle and an NXS for a new build.

This was all done using my personal eyes which may be a bit off of standard.:D

Roy really brings up a good point, build quality and reputation is one thing but only your own eyes can truelly tell you which one is for you. My Dad and I argue all the time over optics. He hates anything Swaro. Says they are junk. I dont agree but I think the Swaro for some reason just does not work for him.

Spend some time looking through both. Take as much time as you need. Your spending good hard earned money so dont let the monkey behind the counter intimidate you by being impatient. Take them outside and look around at many different things at all ranges. Do each scope at least twice before making your decision.

I will say, from what i have seen with my eyes, the Zeiss is the superior of the 2. I have not got to spend much time behind a Mark 4 Lup tho.

I have 2 6-20X50 Conquests. They are both a pleasure to hunt with. Review after review says the Conquest 6-20X50 is the best 1" tactical scope on the market. Leupold makes a very good scope. 30mm tubes only give you more adjustment. For Leopold to match their glass quality you will have to do better then a VX3. This is just my opinion. Both the scopes you are talking about are quality scopes. Bill Maylor..

The Zeiss would be my pick. I have the 6.5-20x50 and it's a great scope. To my eye it's optics are clearly better than Night Force.

My eyes seem to lean toward the Zeiss, how would it hold up to the ultra mag in a light weight rifle?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.