Leupold CDS dial for VX3 2.5-8

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by memyselfni, Feb 27, 2012.

1. memyselfni

memyselfni Active Member

Hi i am looking for somewhere online to buy a CDS Dial in MOA for my vx3 without having to send it back to leupold for fitting. Would be great if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Cheers
    Gary

2. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

I have a couple of those 2.5x8vx3 and yes a cds would be great. I think however the the scopes elevation adjustment has to be modified to accept the dial. Your probably best off buying the scope with the cds already installed.

3. Gunpoor

Gunpoor Well-Known Member

I think Leupold can install the CDS style elevation turret on your scope but you wil have to contact them to be certain. If they can do it, you will need the ballistics of your load of choice so they can generate the proper cover for it. I read that they will want the particular bullet name/info, muzzle velocity, tempurature, and elevation where you will be doing most of your shooting.

4. mcseal2

mcseal2 Well-Known Member

You will have to send it in or buy an aftermarket version like the Kenton Industries.

5. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

If buying new order from Leupold Custom Shop with CDS dial cost is the same as any other store. FYI I have had the same idea.