Leupold CDS ballistic turret???

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Hammertime1, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hammertime1

Hammertime1 New Member

Hello everyone. I sent 3 leupold scopes back to the factory to get retrofitted with their CDS ballisticly matched turrets. I've never zeroed or shot from a rifle with turrets so I don't know exactly what to expect at the gun range! One scope (or dial) is matched for a 100yd zero (30.06) And the other two a (300 win mag) and (7mm) After all mounting and bore sighting has been completed, do I?? zero the rifle at 100yds unscrew the allen screw on the elevation turret, align the 1 and hash mark and rest the screw??? it back toand Does anyone know where i can find detailed information on the do's and dont's for zeroing in or any info for this specific process? Thank you.

2. coyotezapper

coyotezapper Well-Known Member

They will come with instructions, very simple.

3. Dalebow

Dalebow Well-Known Member

zero the rifle for the zero on the turret, loosen screw, align it at zero and your goodgun)

4. ilscungilli

ilscungilli Well-Known Member

You should check the turret that you get back from Leupold for the zero range. I had them cook one up for my 7mm, and it was calibrated for a 200 yard zero. On top of the turret is printed "100 yard", but that refers to the fact that the marks on the turret are given in yards, not meters. If your turrets start with has marks at "2", then its a 200 yard zero.

Head to the range and zero at the appropriate yardage, and then reset the dial with the allen screw. You don't need to tighten it "farmer tight". There will be a detent ball inside the cap that will sung up against the stop to provide one full rotation.