Leupold American Marksman LR Wind Duplex BDC?

timberelk

I've looked all over Leupold's site but they only have the standard LR duplex with the 2 solid dots below the cross hair.

However in my American marksman, there are 3 solid black dots below the cross hairs. Does anyone know the MOA distance each dot (and far part of the cross hair post) is from the cross hair?

I'm shooting a 308 with a 20" barrel and I would assume if I make the cross hairs the 1st is 300, 2nd is 400, 3rd for is 500 and where the cross hair gets fat is 600? But I'd really like exact yardage's so I need to figure out the MOA distances.

Thanks

Can you see the dots well enough at 100 yards to hold on the bullseye & mark where the other 2 dots are on your target? I have 2 added stadia wires that represent 3" each at 100 yards. This scope is on a 25-06 and when using 100 grain bullets the main crosshair is a 300 yard zero & the next 2 lines are almost perfect for a 400 & 500 yard zero. It works very well. It would be easy to figure out where your 2 lower dots zero out at. Thanks, Kirk

Can you see the dots well enough at 100 yards to hold on the bullseye & mark where the other 2 dots are on your target? I have 2 added stadia wires that represent 3" each at 100 yards. This scope is on a 25-06 and when using 100 grain bullets the main crosshair is a 300 yard zero & the next 2 lines are almost perfect for a 400 & 500 yard zero. It works very well. It would be easy to figure out where your 2 lower dots zero out at. Thanks, Kirk

Thanks for the recommendation. So you're saying just shoot all 3 dots at 100 yards and that will give me a rough idea on the MOA distance between the crosshairs and the dots?

I was thinking hold your cross hair on center. Remove your bolt for safety & have a friend mark on the target where the 2 dots are on the target. Then measure from center how far down they are. If it is 3"@100 like mine, then it is 6"@200, 9"@300, 12"@400 & so on. Run a ballistic chart on your load & figure out where the 2 dots will be on zero. Kind of a redneck way of doing it but it works for a dummy like me.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.