Leupold 6.5x20x50 Reviews anyone?

MOOSE39465

Been looking at this scope for a while now. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of this scope or know were any reviews are? Im interested in how well it functions at different power levels, and how well this scope functions in the feild?

Snipercentral. has a scope review page of about 30 scopes, you may find it interesting. I have a mark 4 in size you list. It is ER/T MIL/ TMR ffp. I absolutely love this scope. I use a 200 zero and mils are easy to memorize to 1000, mine takes 7 m to get there, my holds are also same as my dial up, and same on any power. I grew up whitey hunting and had no problem taking a 6x6 this year @ 50 yrds in the thick stuff w/ scope on 6, I also made my own zero stop, took 30 min. I also etched permanent marks on my paralax for 50-400 for quick referance

I have a V3 LRT that is about six years old and have made a lot of long range kills with it. It always functions great. They have improved the new ones a lot with stronger internals and better lens coatings.

The VX-3 Long range with the target turrets is the one i'm most interested in. Thanks for the info. sp6x6 could you give me a little more info on your zero stop? That was going to be my next question.

Ihave a older mildot Vari 3 , it has different turrets and I DONT KNOW how to zero stop it 4-14x40, been a great scope, took a 20' cliff dive on my 340 wby. My mark 4 I ran a small allen through turret cap and this acts as a "Bump" type stop, I also used a small washer as a contact for allen

Attachments

• horns-11 004.jpg
    horns-11 004.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 129
Been looking at this scope for a while now. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of this scope or know were any reviews are? Im interested in how well it functions at different power levels, and how well this scope functions in the feild?

I have this exact scope and it is a very nice scope. The only complaints I have about it are when zooming in past about 16x the eye relief gets very close. Also, the clarity is still great but not as great past 16x. For the money, it is a great scope.

I have a 6.5 x25 x 40 on my 243 win and I have no complaints on this scope. It started on my 300 wsm and withstood the recoil of shooting 210 SMK's. I moved it to my 243 when my 300 went to the smith. The Leupold is a good scope, but it doesn't have the glass quality of the more expensive ( Nightforce, Mark 4, Zeis, Swaro, etc. ) scopes.

I have owned two for a few years in the target turret model, VX 3. Had to send one back for repair because of tracking issues, confirmed at the factory. Other than that, the scopes have worked well, have good clarity, and hold zero at different powers.

Over the last 10 years I have pretty much got rid of all my scopes and have gone exclusively to the Leupold VX3LRT's in 6.5X20X50 with the tall turrets Plus a 8.5X25X50 VX3 LRT. plus a Mk4 6.5X20X50 plus 3 of the older VXIII 6.5X20X40's in the 1" tube and have never had an issue with any of them. YET. I also own a Nightforce 5.5X22X50. Thats just for my .308 that weighs about 15 lbs and I ain't carrying that thing very far at all. My Sendero with the MK is a pleasure to carry compared to the .308 Win :)

Thanks guys for the info. I am going to order one closer to when my rifle is complete. Should be a few months. How many of you are using the Duplex reticle? Which reticle is best for hunting?

You can probably find B&C, OR MIL DOT , tmr, or varmint. My choice would be TMR.BUT YOU MIGHT LIKE SIMPLICITY of B&C

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.