Leupold 6.5x20x50

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by kc, Mar 6, 2012.

1. kc

kc Well-Known Member

I just got my hands on a real nice LEUPOLD 6.5x20x50 MARK 4 ER/T
    paid $1200 one of my friends who was in bad shape for money and sold me this scope.
    My older Brother payed the money we have a few rifles to finish, this scope
    will be on my 7MAG and plans are to bed it into a M40A5 stock from Mcmillen
    I have never used this designe My friend said there is to much Information.
    Lots of lines, any of you guy have this scope? I have one friend who just got back from Iraq
    and told me its not as tough as you think..

HELP!

2. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

Everyone has a "friend" who knows everything. Mount the scope, learn how to use it, and you will like it.

3. kc

kc Well-Known Member

I was looking at this scope two weeks ago and it is a bit confusing, is there any person who knows anything about this model? This is like learning Greek to me, most is just plane confusion. But its clean, and I don't think he ever used it. Much at least.

4. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

call leupold with model and serial number and get owners manual.

5. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Im taking it has m1 turrets, guessing and mildot or TMR, RETICULE. Which I like better because it is broken into 1/2 mil, 1/5 section at bottom. Mine is a ffp m5 turret. It is one of the lighter 6-20. If your cross hairs stay the same you have a sfp. The TMR HAS 5MIL, that gets me to 810 hold w/200 zero in my rifle, which is about as far as I would like to hold for elk, rather dial .Have some fun

6. kc

kc Well-Known Member

MTBULLET.

What I am gonna need is a video! when it goes to thinking, I hate to say it I can be dummer than a pile of rocks. But I will get good, I have no choice for the price my bro payed.
    He saw what I have planed after I get the new Barrels and realy liked the M405 Stock.
    We have a place where we can shoot Deer and with it being a 7MAG 500 yards will be no problem..We have 5 land owners permits garenteed every season. I am gonna take your good advice. I wonder if I send them an E-MAIL they may have a Manual.

7. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

To help somebody help you- take some pics, at least one that shows the turrets & their markings and the reticle on the lowest & highest power. When you say "Lots of lines" I'm thinking Horus- and if that's the case you got a heck of a deal, though not likely as they are quite a bit more expensive.

Also, no offense to your veteran buddy but unless he is a Squad Designated Marksman or a Sniper I doubt he has any combat experience behind a MK4. Definitely not the best equipment money can buy but gets the job done.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  8. kc

kc Well-Known Member

BRAVO 4 My old friend is an ex ARMY RANGER. smart as hell and knows just about everything that is in front of him. I could use a quote from JAR HEAD when the Seargent barked WHY DID YOU INLIST IN THE MARINES? he said he got lost on his way to college.
    I did send an E-MAIL to Leupold. and I got a Responce, there will be a Manual on the way.

Damn! Child support can cost a bunch if you get behind. It was Drive a big rig or go to jail.
    I should have the scope this week when he comes in.