Leupold 6.5x20x50

kc

I just got my hands on a real nice LEUPOLD 6.5x20x50 MARK 4 ER/T
paid $1200 one of my friends who was in bad shape for money and sold me this scope.
My older Brother payed the money we have a few rifles to finish, this scope
will be on my 7MAG and plans are to bed it into a M40A5 stock from Mcmillen
I have never used this designe My friend said there is to much Information.
Lots of lines, any of you guy have this scope? I have one friend who just got back from Iraq
and told me its not as tough as you think..

HELP!

Everyone has a "friend" who knows everything. Mount the scope, learn how to use it, and you will like it.

I was looking at this scope two weeks ago and it is a bit confusing, is there any person who knows anything about this model? This is like learning Greek to me, most is just plane confusion. But its clean, and I don't think he ever used it. Much at least.

Im taking it has m1 turrets, guessing and mildot or TMR, RETICULE. Which I like better because it is broken into 1/2 mil, 1/5 section at bottom. Mine is a ffp m5 turret. It is one of the lighter 6-20. If your cross hairs stay the same you have a sfp. The TMR HAS 5MIL, that gets me to 810 hold w/200 zero in my rifle, which is about as far as I would like to hold for elk, rather dial .Have some fun

MTBULLET.

What I am gonna need is a video! when it goes to thinking, I hate to say it I can be dummer than a pile of rocks. But I will get good, I have no choice for the price my bro payed.
He saw what I have planed after I get the new Barrels and realy liked the M405 Stock.
We have a place where we can shoot Deer and with it being a 7MAG 500 yards will be no problem..We have 5 land owners permits garenteed every season. I am gonna take your good advice. I wonder if I send them an E-MAIL they may have a Manual.

To help somebody help you- take some pics, at least one that shows the turrets & their markings and the reticle on the lowest & highest power. When you say "Lots of lines" I'm thinking Horus- and if that's the case you got a heck of a deal, though not likely as they are quite a bit more expensive.

Also, no offense to your veteran buddy but unless he is a Squad Designated Marksman or a Sniper I doubt he has any combat experience behind a MK4. Definitely not the best equipment money can buy but gets the job done.

Last edited:
BRAVO 4 My old friend is an ex ARMY RANGER. smart as hell and knows just about everything that is in front of him. I could use a quote from JAR HEAD when the Seargent barked WHY DID YOU INLIST IN THE MARINES? he said he got lost on his way to college.
I did send an E-MAIL to Leupold. and I got a Responce, there will be a Manual on the way.

****! Child support can cost a bunch if you get behind. It was Drive a big rig or go to jail.
I should have the scope this week when he comes in.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.