Leucistic young buck

Sealesniper

My wife and I recently moved to a house with more land. It has been very enjoyable to see and hear all the wildlife around us. Every evening the woodcock chirp and then when they fly to roost we hear their very distinctive warble/whistle of their wings. Wood ducks and geese are always around as are deer and turkey. I have been watching some decent bucks, and we normally begin and end each day with about 17-20 deer in the back and side yard. This morning we awoke to this ghostly image cruising through the back yard. He is a young buck and has dropped his antlers already. I am hoping to watch him grow for many years. Believe he is leucistic not albino. but will get better cameras set up to get much better images.

Attachments

• leucistic.png
    leucistic.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
My wife and I recently moved to a house with more land. It has been very enjoyable to see and hear all the wildlife around us. Every evening the woodcock chirp and then when they fly to roost we hear their very distinctive warble/whistle of their wings. Wood ducks and geese are always around as are deer and turkey. I have been watching some decent bucks, and we normally begin and end each day with about 17-20 deer in the back and side yard. This morning we awoke to this ghostly image cruising through the back yard. He is a young buck and has dropped his antlers already. I am hoping to watch him grow for many years. Believe he is leucistic not albino. but will get better cameras set up to get much better images.
We have a herd of white deer here in upstate New York. They are located in an old Army ammunition depot in Romulus, NY. Not sure of the number but I believe it's somewhere north of 100. You can probably google it and find the information.