Leica Rangemaster 1600

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by owen6497, Dec 28, 2011.

1. owen6497

owen6497 New Member

New to the forum and long range hunting.

I just bought a Leica Rangemaster 1600 and need it for an elk hunt in three days. I want to use the pressure readings to get the true barometric pressure from this device so I can use it for my BDC calculator. Right now I am in Denver and it is giving me a pressure reading just above 12. Wheather Underground says the preasure is 30.48. My ballistics app says the preasure is 30.04, virtually the same as Wheather Underground.

What am I missing? Is the Leica Rangemaster using a different measurement or is it giving me a false reading. Leica is closed until after my hunt for the holidays so calling them is out.

2. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

The Leica reads in psi. You will have to convert to get inches of mercury.....Rich

3. owen6497

owen6497 New Member

Thanks for your response. I went to NOAA's website and found a chart that clued me into this. Must be a German thing because all my BC's use InHg.

4. owen6497

owen6497 New Member

One last question. I should be using "Station Pressure", not "Altimeter Setting" or "Mean Sea Level Pressure"?

5. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

Use station pressure and then you don't have to worry about your altitude.....Rich