Leica CRF 1200 ?

Blacktail

Anyone tried the new CRF 1200. Thinking bout getting one to replace my old bushnell 600

i have owned one for about a month now. honestly no better than the older models other than it fits neatly in my shirt pocket. had it out this past weekend ranging some elk at 1106 yds in the middle of the day, bright sun no probs.

if you can hold the little thing steady enough it will do what its asked.

....<u>totally personal pref</u> but IMO yes. i backpack quite a bit so space is a premium.

so far with what conditions i have had it out in, i have been very pleased. numerous early/mid day/late eve situations that it has preformed flawlessly to the distances that i would trust my own abilities to attempt a shot on something alive.

ps, it will beat your 600 to death in the clairity dept.

Can't afford a new Leica now, but if you do and am interested in selling your Bushnell, contact me.
Thanks,
Kelly

I borrowed an older model 1200 for my trip last week, my friend said it dont range too good during the day time or bright sunlight, i had no probs at all, used it all day in and out of sun, could range up too 1243yds. The only thing i found is you need to rest it on somthing stable for the extreme ranges, tree, truck, ATV or similar. Very good units!

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.