Left handed Danged Threads!

huntxtrm

I finally got my flash hider off of my AR10. Come to find out, it's left handed threads!. The muzzle brake, I bought for it, is right handed threads. How many different types of muzzle threads do these come with? Is there a way to tell what kind of upper receiver I have? Or barrel? I want to order the right muzzle brake, I already have one, that's gonna be a conversation piece.

I finally got my flash hider off of my AR10. Come to find out, it's left handed threads!. The muzzle brake, I bought for it, is right handed threads. How many different types of muzzle threads do these come with? Is there a way to tell what kind of upper receiver I have? Or barrel? I want to order the right muzzle brake, I already have one, that's gonna be a conversation piece.
What kind of rifle is it?

There is no logical reason for your barrel to have lefty threads because 99% of all american threads are right handed. Who's rifle is it?

The simple answer is this. They ALL come with 5/8 x 24 right handed threads.
You obviously have something unique. Unlikely that it's a unicorn because no manufacturer would do that on purpose unless they are doing it to the entire product line. Was it used? Was it a 'franken-gun'?

The smartest thing to do would be to cut the factory threads off, and have a gunsmith re-thread it the right way, and while he's at it...he can time the threads to match the orientation of your new brake.

What kind of rifle is it?

There is no logical reason for your barrel to have lefty threads because 99% of all american threads are right handed. Who's rifle is it?

The simple answer is this. They ALL come with 5/8 x 24 right handed threads.
You obviously have something unique. Unlikely that it's a unicorn because no manufacturer would do that on purpose unless they are doing it to the entire product line. Was it used? Was it a 'franken-gun'?

The smartest thing to do would be to cut the factory threads off, and have a gunsmith re-thread it the right way, and while he's at it...he can time the threads to match the orientation of your new brake.

Its an Armalite lower. It was bought from Armalite as a stripped lower receiver. I am assuming it is a gun built by and individual. I cant find any markings on the upper.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.