Left hand vs right hand Bergara R-14 HMR

Despotes

Being left handed, I'm trying to decide if I need a left handed version. I have a right handed Tikka that doesn't bother me at all, but I'd love to be able to carry the Bergara with a tactical sling and not have the bolt jab me in the gut, so a lefty would be preferred in that regard. BUT a lefty would rule out upgrading to the Premier Pro bolt--sometime later-- if I wanted since they're only made in right hand.
Should I get the right hand and leave open the possibility of easier accessory upgrades and just deal with the gut stabbing? Haha.

Tough choice as a lefty. I'm also a lefty and only my very first rifle is a lefty. Killed a boat load of game with it. Saveage 110 in 25-06 with a custom barrel. It's definitely nice to carry a rifle that fits you!

For a dedicated hunting rifle I prefer a lefty so as not to break cheek-stock weld from any position. If prone I may even prefer a righty action. Been using them all my life, especially at my job...no choice in that matter.

I ordered the right handed version 300WM a moment ago. The adjustable cheek piece knob/lever should be reversible. Anybody know?

I plan to order me a Bergara B14 HMR this year in 6.5CM, I plan to order it in a lefty, that is a no brainier for me, might as well have it fit me the way I shoot. I also don't resale my rifles so, I am not concerned about being able to do that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.