Left hand twist torque? (Or Right hand twist shot left handed)

jpndave

Does anyone have feedback on recoil torque for a left hand twist barrel, how much does your cheek get hit during recoil? I am looking at ordering one for a build and want to make sure that isn't a big problem. Say 9lb gun, 30 cal, 245gr bullet, 8 twist, 2900fps? I know the smaller caliber/heavier rifle it isn't a problem but a benefit moving the gun into rather than away from the shooter. But what about as the recoil goes up?

Or how about you lefties out there shooting a comparable rifle with right hand twist?

Last edited:
I'm in just to see the upcoming posts Thanks brothers I fully expect lots of cooperation and look forward to reading about it.

In reality, a right handed shooter gets the recoil rolling into their cheek….a lefty will have it rolling away from their cheek.

My 375 Bee on a Winchester Model 70 has severe torque to the left and actually belted my face prior to changing stocks. I now have a HS Precision Sporter with a gooseneck stock, the rear of the stock swings to the left to help control the torque, it's still there but not quite as severe.
My Kimber's also torque quite a bit due to their light weight. But it is quite manageable.

Cheers.

I forgot to mention that the above is for right hand twist rifles, the opposite will happen with a left hand twist.

Cheers.

Just realised I made a boo boo, the gooseneck swings to the right away from my face….my bad.

Cheers.