Lee Press

rwk

Have any of you folks, used Lee's cast iron breech lock press, and how do like it. Rich

I always viewed the Lee Breech Lock system the same as the Hornady die bushing system. Both are a solution to a non problem. It's not that big a deal to screw the die in and out of the press. I have both the Lee Classic Cast and Classic Turret presses. Both are excellent value and quality. No need to spend money on gimics that don't improve your ammo.

I always viewed the Lee Breech Lock system the same as the Hornady die bushing system. Both are a solution to a non problem. It's not that big a deal to screw the die in and out of the press. I have both the Lee Classic Cast and Classic Turret presses. Both are excellent value and quality. No need to spend money on gimics that don't improve your ammo.

Its just one more gimmick to sell the public

For my pistol rounds (45ACP+9mm), the Hornady LNL works like a charm and the hourly volume is a nice thing.
For my rifle cartridges (308, 30-30, 30-06, 223), I only use the Lee Classic Cast and considering the 'batch" method, die changing is not an issue.

I bought one a few years ago. It worked great for awhile. Then, I started getting run out on my rounds. I noticed the ram had play in it. I reordered a new frame, ram and linkage from Lee ( one of my dumber moments).

Again it worked great for awhile, then the runout came. My guess is that the aluminum frame is not the best choice for wear.

I am now the proud owner of a Forster Co-ax press:)

Err.., the Lee Classic Cast is steel, not aluminum. I have it for quite some time and the only trouble I ever had was a primer jamming the ram one day. Solved in 2 minutes.
The Hornady LNL is also in cast steel. Mass is an important element (within many) in my choices of press.

I've been using a Lee Classic Cast (not the breech lock one) for years and have been very happy with it.

I recently added the Hornady LNL bushing system to it after getting used to that system with my LNL-AP, and I love it.

It saves me a TON of time and I have found the LNL bushings to be very repeatable, very stable, and durable.

I love not having to screw my dies in and out when I'm doing lots of small batch loadings, or loading for different calibers in one session.

The Lee steel cast presses are bomb-proof.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.