Lee collet die?

Goobie270

So Tell me all about the pro's and con's of this die for a 308. Any accuracy gains using it? Set up right does it leave marks on the outside of the brass? Thanks.

I use 'em for every cal. I can get 'em for.
(collet neck size die)
easy to use, no "doughnut" to worry about
leave a small "squeeze" mark on brass, like bushing dies do

I use one in my 300 WM. I use a Redding body die to bump the shoulder then I run it through the collet neck die. Mine doesn't leave any marks on the neck.

I use them almost exclusively!
When set up they are the best. The only time I use my fl dies are for auto loaders.
A hint that I found is follow the instructions and after you withdraw the case give it a 1/3rd turn and repeat.

I use them in a bunch of my rifles and have had great results. I use the recommendations here for using them...

Lee Collet Die Adjustment

And I use a Redding Body Die to bump shoulders when needed.

On a side note, don't forget the Factory Crimp Die as well from Lee!

I use one in my 300 WM. I use a Redding body die to bump the shoulder then I run it through the collet neck die. Mine doesn't leave any marks on the neck.

This sizing routine produces very staight ammo,
average .0015" run out.
If I were to start all over again I'd buy only Redding Body dies and Lee Collet Neck dies. If the LCND wasn't available for a cartridge I'd send Lee 2 fired cases and $75 and They'll make you one with a seating die.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.