Lead Sled Good or Bad????

Don't own one but used one once that was leant to me for trying to diagnose rifle accuracy issue. Accuracy for me was worse. I didn't tie anything down. I shoot better off of sandbags or front bi-pod rear on a good bag. Lead sled wasn't for me.

I use a lead sled when zeroing my rifles and working up a load. Like many comments already, I like to eliminate as much human error as possible. When using it, you must make sure that the rifle is level(not canted) and the butt is firmly seated in the rear of the sled. I found out that if i did not seat it all of the way, my groups opened up.
Once I have worked up a load, I then go to a bipod and rear bag. I know that the rifle is shooting good groups but I have to make sure that I am shooting good groups. I don't know anyone that carries a lead sled in the filed while hunting. :)

I don't know anyone that carries a lead sled in the filed while hunting. :)

L:DL. They'd either have to be a stud and a half, or leave their food, bag, water, and gun in the truck. It might inspire a conversation something like this,

"OMG... look at the size of that elk!"

"Ok ok... Let me get my sled set up. You keep an eye on him... This will only take a couple of seconds".

Time passes...

"You done yet?"

"Almost got it.... **** rocks!"

"Hurry he's moving towards that draw. If you don't get on it, he's gonna get away. Maybe I should take the shot".

"No no... I'm ready". Crap...

"What"?

"I didn't bring my gun".

"WHAT"!!!

"My hands were full... Can I borrow yours"?

"Um... When you have to go pee later... would you like to borrow my Johnson too? And when we get home, after my wife and I get some after-hunting booty, would you like to borrow her as well"?

"Um... No for your Johnson, but heck, I mean, if your willing to let me borrow your wife for a bit. Man... You're a good friend. So here, let me have your rifle".

"No".

"But we are still on for the wife thing right"?

"Shut up"....

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts