Lazzeroni-7.21-Firebird

wildcat

Hey-guys;-well-as-some-of-you-know-I-am-building-a-new-rifle.-I-ve-been-trying-to-decide-on-which-7mm-to-go-with.-I've-been-doing-some-reserch-for-the-last-couple-of-weeks-on-the-Lazzeroni-7.21-firebird.-It-is-a-pretty-impressive-7mm;-I-know-brass-is-very-expensive-and-barrel-life-is-not-the-best.-However;-it-would-be-fun-to-have-one.-It-will-shoot-a-162-grn-A-Max-(.625-BC)-out-of-a-30"-barrel-at-3650-fps-and-a-140grn-bullet-at-3850-fps.-I-have-been-looking-at-the-7mm-WSM;-I-know-it-would-be-the-more-practicle-cartridge;-however;-I-think-I-want-something-different-than-anyone-else.-I-am-still-deciding;-but-it-sure-sounds-fun.-How-does-the-7mm-Allen-Mag-compare;-I-know-the-7mm-Allen-Mags-are-geared-more-towards-shooting-the-180-to-200grn-type-7mm-bullets;-but-how-would-it-compare-with-140-to-160-grn-bullets-to-the-Lazzeroni-7.21-firebird.

Wildcat

I would say for the lighter bullets go with a smaller case cap, the Lapua holds a lot of powder, as does the 7mm Rum. The large cases work the best with slower powders and heavy bullets. A 280 AI will push the light bullets very nice! Brass is cheap, dont need a special action. 2nd on my list would be the 7WSM, neat little round.

Lazzeroni....nope! A guy i know just had to have one, bragged about what it would do, well lets just say it ain't close to what is posted on their website. The 7 Rum will prolly out do it and for lots less $$$.

Dave

Thanks-BD.-I-know-your-probably-right.-I-am-probably-going-to-stick-with-the-7mm-WSM.-I-just-wanted-to-hear-some-advice-from-everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.