Lawton 7000 or Stiller Tac 30

James Jones

I'm gonna be building a new tactical 308 soon and rather than dump $400+ into a rem 700 action I don't have yet I'm gonna go with a custom action.

I'm wanting to get everybodys imput on these two actions as they are the two that I'm considering on useing , I have Emailed Pheonix machine about their action but haven't gotten a response yet.
I'd like to wait on the Badger action but not sure when they will be available then what the wait will be.

All advice and oppinions ar welcome , I have not handeled either one of these actions so I'm looking to those that have.

James,
I have built rifles with both the Stiller Predator and the Lawton 7000. Predator is a hunting version of the Tac30. The quality of both was excelent, though you will have issues with the tang area of the Lawton in Remington inletted stocks. The Rem tang is tapered cylindrical and the Lawton is a flat angle which leaves the metal proud on the tang area of the stock. The Stiller is cut with two flat angles and approximates the Remington. Don't let either be a dealbreaker, just be aware when ordering a stock as they are "Rem footprint", just not interchangable. Good luck and I hope it works out.
Randy

My Predator

Here's my Longshot Rifles 7mmWSM with the Sriller Predator, so far I love it.

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.