Lawton 7000 or Stiller Tac 30

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by James Jones, Jul 12, 2008.

1. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be building a new tactical 308 soon and rather than dump $400+ into a rem 700 action I don't have yet I'm gonna go with a custom action.

I'm wanting to get everybodys imput on these two actions as they are the two that I'm considering on useing , I have Emailed Pheonix machine about their action but haven't gotten a response yet.
    I'd like to wait on the Badger action but not sure when they will be available then what the wait will be.

All advice and oppinions ar welcome , I have not handeled either one of these actions so I'm looking to those that have.

2. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

I know where a sweet little bat hunting actions can be had.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Your and evil evil man "eddybo"

PM inbound

4. EddieHarren

EddieHarren Well-Known Member

I know where a Nesika "K" 308, repeater, pinned lug, RBRP action can be bought.

5. RJ338

RJ338 Well-Known Member

James,
    I have built rifles with both the Stiller Predator and the Lawton 7000. Predator is a hunting version of the Tac30. The quality of both was excelent, though you will have issues with the tang area of the Lawton in Remington inletted stocks. The Rem tang is tapered cylindrical and the Lawton is a flat angle which leaves the metal proud on the tang area of the stock. The Stiller is cut with two flat angles and approximates the Remington. Don't let either be a dealbreaker, just be aware when ordering a stock as they are "Rem footprint", just not interchangable. Good luck and I hope it works out.
    Randy

6. Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw Well-Known Member

My Predator

Here's my Longshot Rifles 7mmWSM with the Sriller Predator, so far I love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]