Lawsuit over Game Wardens Stealing Game Cameras, No Warrants

Veteran

I dont know all the facts, not sure what I think about this, but on the surface of things it sounds a bit concerning.

Seems to me Game Wardens I know would come visit, and ask permission to look around, and inspect game cameras....if they had reasonable worries.

The Game Warden has become the CIA.....

They even strapped a Go Pro camera to a live Bear!

Next year, ya gotta see if your Buck is wearin a Go Pro!

I know here in Florida they're supposed to have probable cause….I have live next to 2 game wardens (married) for 35 years. They have the most power in the state as far as law enforcement. But got them probable cause is very loose…like "oh I think I heard a shot over there". They basically do what they want. I've gotten along with them fine but I know many who were not doing anything wrong and were never Ticketed, had claimed they were treated like criminals while being 100% legal. i think it varies from officer to officer. Some are good at their job and good people at the same time while some power trip behind the badge.

Yep, Most game wardens I have met have been good decent people. But, there are some as you say who may be on a power trip. It can also vary by the politics in each state I think.

Recent Posts