Last minute change....

shphtr

I will be leaving shortly for a hunt overseas. I usually take my own firearm and deal with all the hassels. I have just been contacted by the outfitter that due to recent changes in their country's rules and regulations regarding inportation of foreign firearms for hunting that they are unable to obtain a license for me to take my rifle but that they will be supplying a rifle for me to use described as a "Remington 6.5 Creedmore". It is what it is. Therefore I am asking any members that shoot a factory Remington in 6.5 Creedmoor for their recommendation/suggestions regarding what they have found to be the most accurate factory ammo in their rifles. Even tho the outfitter will be supplying the ammo for their rifle I would like to take a box or two myself in case their supply produces less than MOA accuracy as this is going to be about the best I am going to be able to do. Thank you inadvance for any input.

Not a Creedmoor owner but, from reading and from a couple of friend's that have the rifles, the Hornady ammo w/ the eld/x bullets seem to be the one's that work most often.

Thanx, guess that should be intuitive seeing as how Hornady developed the round as I recall.

Hornady 140 ELD-M Match
Hornady 143 ELD-X Precision Hunter
Hornady 147 ELD-M Match
Nosler 140 Accubond Trophy Grade

Lapua brass
CCI BR4 or Fed GM205M
42.0gr H4350
140 HVLD

It doesn't get much easier than that.

It's not a Remington but my factory Bergara loves 143 ELD-X Precision Hunter. Don't know if this helps because I every combination I have tried shot well under 1". However the best facory loading was the 143's.

Helped on a Bighorn hunt a year ago, the hunter killed a nice ram at 612yds with the Hornady ELDX 143's. Not a Remington but a Browning Hells Canyon Speed. Hope you are given the opportunity to shoot that provided 6.5. If you're not satisfied, be all over the outfitter! Good lucky

id recommend the hornady eld-x stuff. i would be careful about taking ammo also. id highly recommend checking with the outfitter on the ammo 'importing' rules as well!

I don't shoot one of these, have no suggestions regarding them. I would just point out that you should carefully check into the legality of bringing any ammo with you, into a country that makes it that difficult to import a firearm. I have had a few "blips" at international borders in the past and they all related to ammo, not firearms.

Buy a box of 143eldx and a box of 120 eldm. One or the other should shoot.
A friends 6.5 did not like the 143 or 140 factory ammo but shot terrifically with 120 amax match ammo

You may want to be careful recommending loads like this - I know for a fact in one of my rifles, this would be an extremely dangerous load. There are quite a few new reloaders that don't have the wits or experience to work up to loads, but will jump right on someone's load recommendations..
Just my .02 worth. Don't want to see anything happen to anyone.

Hornady 140 ELD-M Match
Hornady 143 ELD-X Precision Hunter
Hornady 147 ELD-M Match
Nosler 140 Accubond Trophy Grade

Lapua brass
CCI BR4 or Fed GM205M
42.0gr H4350
140 HVLD

It doesn't get much easier than that.

Also- check the rules and get with the outfitter in bringing in your own ammo.
Some countries have guide lines on this as well.

Easier to know now than deal with the BS and loosing the ammo anyways.

I guess the outfitter has been reading Guns & Ammo and decided the 6.5 Creedmore is good for game up to and exceeding elephants. I read a story that someone shot a 6.5 and the bullet went around the world and hit him in the back of the head. Get one of those and a Dillen and you can get rid of every rifle you have. Oh when will they make it in a concealed carry?

Rant over.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.