Last Coyote for awile

8404Vet

Went out with my younger brother for hopes of busting a coyote at 500+ ranges. This hunt was last week and he left for Marine Corps boot camp yesterday. We had everything set up just right as far as where we were going, scent cover, 0 wind etc. On our way to the stand I was pointing out a different spot we could try later when he returned on leave. He raised my 7rem mag and I thought he was using the scope to check out the area I was pointing to and boom.

I thought "what is he doing??" Our long range hunt was cut short because he busted this coyote at 25 yards. lol.

huntingphotos005.jpg

All in all it was a great time and I was excited that he was able to kill one before he left to boot.

Christopher

Forgot to mention, that is me in the pic. I live in New Mexico, Roswell. 150gr nosler partition.

I plan on getting out for my first coyote hunt Saturday, my birthday present to myself.
It will be more of a scouting trip as the grasses are pretty high and will make spotting them very hard.
Taking my Striker in 22-250.
I'll be dodging between bow hunters that should be out big time this weekend.

Mike

you guys in roswell know chris martin hes a navy vet that was stationed here in corpus christi did a lot of fishing together hes invited me up there to hunt if i ever get time

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.