Lapua tight primer pockets

What size of ball bearing? Had a buddy of mine say the same thing...lol...as I said...first time in 49 years so not familiar with this trick. Thanks.

Contact Lapua and tell them about the problem.
They are turning out more brass all the time and maybe primer pockets are an area they need to look closely at.
I feel Lapua for me has been the best brass out there.

I use RCBS bench priming tool to seat primers. I find that it is more positive and consistent than using my RCBS Rock Chucker press. Have you measured the pocket depth and diameter, also primer diameter and height? Have you compared measurements with other primer brands? You should not have to force primers into primer pocket. I have not used Lapua brass for any of my reloading so I cannot post on any experience. I am still have new in the box Remington brass I have had since the late 70's for 300 WM. What can I say I'm a reloading hoarder!
You know brass goes bad after a long time right? Just like bananas and gasoline. You don't want that gross expired brass from the 70s. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly (like pharmaceuticals, ordinary folks can't dispose of the stuff safely, needs to be taken to a pharmacy where they'll throw it out for ya :) ) I'll even waive the usual "gross expired brass recycling fee"! 🤣

Interesting...I have the exact opposite problem this week. Second firing on Federal brass 270 wsm, first time in 49 years reloading...25% 5 out of 20 brass primer pockets expanded and won't hold a primer! And Calvin...glue is too hold something together...it's not lube to help slide a tight primer in PAL. The thought crossed my mind...briefly...about gluing them in...lol With the way supplies are...shame to throw em away! Maybe I should freeze them, shrink the pocket....and only use them for winter hunting!😂
On loose primers I put nail polish on the case head to seal the primer then swipe off excess with cloth with a touch of acetone on it

In the last three or four years I too have had a primer seating issue with Lapua brass in 223, 22-250 and 6.5-284.
I seat the primers with either my Foster bench mounted tool or the RCBS bench mounted tool and they were very tight in both tools.

You know brass goes bad after a long time right? Just like bananas and gasoline. You don't want that gross expired brass from the 70s. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly (like pharmaceuticals, ordinary folks can't dispose of the stuff safely, needs to be taken to a pharmacy where they'll throw it out for ya :) ) I'll even waive the usual "gross expired brass recycling fee"! 🤣
You sound like my brother in law (name Calvin)? I've already made a large contribution to his reloading components cache 😆

How did this thread make it to page three without someone saying "primer pocket uniforming tool" it's even available on Amazon.

Pick me!