lapua or edge on remington action???????

oldfamily

I have been thinking on collecting the parts for a 338 caliber build. Would the edge based off the ultra mag case be better to work off of than the lapua with the bolt face opened up to allow the brass to fit? Single shot heavy gun, is what I am thinking. Don't really care how heavy just want a 300 smk hitting what I am aiming at. Realistic range would be 800 yards or less around this area. Have not really figured out what stock that I would want for the project, just that it would be set up for single shot. Thanks oldfamily.

What action

Hi what action do you have if it is stainless the only option is the Edge however I don't like Lapua sized cases on a Rem action not that it is unsafe just maximum for the action the Edge was designed specifically for the Remington action as the largest cartridge designed for a margin of safety so my personal decision is use the Ultramag case.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.