LAPUA 338 brass problems

eric nelson

I purchased new LAPUA brand Lapua 338 mag brass. Out of 100, 61 had flash hole machine burs remaining in the hole. Very poor quality! My first purchase after reading extensively about how good the $ 2.70 per cases were. Any experiences like mine. The lot is P00580202 purchased through Midway USA about a week ago. Thanks for your feed back.
Eric

Send 'em back if it's something you aren't happy with. If you lightly use a flash hole deburring tool, that would take the bur off if you are OK with that--but you shouldn't have to, of course. For 2.70 a case, they should be perfect. The ones I've seen are.

I sent an e mail to LAPUA last night and this morning their Rep. Kevin Thomas sent me an e mail explaining that without seeing a good photo he was not sure how serious the issue was. And that his experience was the flash hole bur typically does not effect the accuracy. At any rate I will send him a photo soon. The percentage of blockage is possibly15 to 20 percent of the opening and really more than a bur on some. I will return them to MIDWAY USA and I am waiting for their people to open another box to determine if their current stock has issues. Thanks for your support.
Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.