ladder test? does it work

7mmrhb thanks for posting that. That really is an eye opener and goes to show that if you have an oehler you wouldn't need to shoot ladders and introduce all those variables into the equation.

I wish I could get a hold of one of those oehlers.

7mmrhb,

If all a guy had was a beta master, it probably would be better to just run a ladder and forget the mixed signals the beta would give you! Glad we ran that gun over the Oehler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I could get a hold of one of those oehlers

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be in luck. Over at benchrest.com, there was a thread started the other day about chronographs and two guys were looking to sell theirs because they did not like them for whatever reason. Might be worth a try.....

Usually, when I hear guys say they have a bad Oehler it is not really bad, it is just that they have it set up wrong. The screens have got to be EXACTLY 2 feet apart if setting them up on a 4' rod. 1/16" off and they will throw a fit. The unit also has to be first "switched" to what length of rod you are using before you turn it on for the first time. The screens also have to be level on the rod. If they are twisted at all, the unit will not give accurate readings.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.