Kudos to 20/20 and S. Hannity

goodgrouper

I watched two political topics on t.v. tonight. The first was 20/20's coverage of gun control which was surprisingly fair and even could be generalzied as pro-gun. It seemed that perhaps, the general media is lightening up it's view of concealed weapons holders and maybe even beginning to see where they might stop disasters like Virginia Tech.

The second was the nationally advertised debate between our luny, left-wing mayor Rocky Anderson and the radio host Sean Hannity. If you have the opportunity to watch the debate or catch Sean's show on Monday, I would recommend it. A link may be found here: www.ksl.com

One thing that was very apparent to me (being somewhat of a debater myself) was the fact that Rocky used the classic Liberal methods of pointing out faults in great detail but never devising any solutions to the problems themselves. As Sean pointed out several times, how could he come up with solutions because he is to busy parading around the country on his anti-bush rally instead of being home here working on them in normal and accepted ways in which a mayor should fulfill his office. Sean called him a,"part-time mayor, full time protestor".

Seems the Democrats can always identify the problems, but have no ways of their own to solve them. They want us all to work together, but then shun the offers to come up with joint solutions. Rocky would rather point his finger at Bush than uphold his office and concentrate on matters at home. Are the liberals going to school to learn how to do this because it seems to be a pre-requisite to the party.

Anyhow, I think viewers were treated to a good time tonight. They saw that guns are good, liberals are off their rockers, and non-politicians make more sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.