Krico 700 action

Dave Schenck

Hi Guys - is there anyone on the forum who has a working knowledge or opinion on the the Krico 700 action? I have an Anschutz 270 win mod 1568 with what I believe to be a Krico 700 action. It is stamped Anschutz but the factories are quite close and cooperation is quite possible. My barrel is shot out and I want to replace it but I need to know about the action before I decide to go ahead. Help please.

Hi Dave,
Take it to a smith or a local machine shop and have them gauge the threads. From those numbers you should be able to match it with an action to verify what you have or need to replace the barrel with.

Tank

Thanks Tank - I agree. It is on its way to my mate the gunsmith in Knysna where he will have a good look. It might be the stock warping and I might have to strip the varnish off and oil it instead. It might just be the bedding but i should know by the end of next week. He will bore scope it etc etc.

The climate here in the cape has been helluva erratic lately and the moisture in the air and the temp has varied greatly. Will let you know - peace brother.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.