Kitchen renovation appliances

Sad to say is most technicians will tell you these appliances wont last much more than 8-10 years, at the most. As mentioned if something breaks you sit and wait forever for a service appointment and good luck on getting it fixed the first time.

So back to the OP question. Cook with a wood stove, wash dishes and clothes by hand, build an ice house to keep your refrigerated goods. It will be much better anyway for our environment and global cooling or warming or change or whatever it is called now. I really hope this helps. Lol

Rember the old Frigidaire's. My friend still has the one he grew up with. He got from his parents and has converted it to a 1/2 beer Keg Fridge now. They don't make then like the used to.
It's 60+ years old and still running.

We are pretty Luckey. We have all LG. Bought the washer & dryer from Home Depot and got a free extended warranty. Never had to use it and they are 16+ years and never an issue. Then 13 + years ago I surprised Jill with a new Kitchen (even though ours's was only three years old) wanted the NEW SS Appliances. Bought all LG. The fridge has a big bottom freezer and then the top has French Doors. Everything Eletronic. We did have an issue with the compressor after 7 years and was covered under the 10 year warranty. Still had to pay for the Labor since the extra extended warrant just wore off. New fancy Range with dual ovens. Everything electronic. Same with the over head Microwave. and the Dishwasher. Never any issues with them. AND a Huge Upright LG Freezer in the Basement.
We have had good luck with LG all the way. Hope it lasts.

Avoid Samsung. Never had an issue with whirlpool or LG myself.

We have all the things. Oven with convection. Air fryer, convection. Over the range microwave. Water to fridge, with ice. A separate ice maker, because my wife hates tap water ice for whatever reason.

Dishwasher. Garbage disposal. You name it.

I built the house with no experience, and installed all the appliances and cabinets and such. Framing roofing, drywall, finish work, even the kitchen table. Everything except the foundation. So of course, had to add a deep freezer out in the shop for game meat. We put our regular meat from the butcher in there too.

Just bought a thermador stove with oven. Can't be any happier.
For fridge I bought the Fridgidare side by side twins and work well. Had problems with the icemaker and they sent me someone to get it right in less than a week.

Last edited:
I will NEVER own anything Samsung again. They would not accept my warranty registration without my DOB. I forwarded this BS to MI AG. They contacted Samsung and voila not needed. But they do collect far too much personal data IMO and just another database putting your personal data at risk. Their entire database is arranged off your detailed personal data.

I know others are doing it as well but I dig in my heels and reject every little personal dataset any manufacturer asks for in warranty registration.

I look at appliances in different light these days. I had a GE from 80's in puke avocado green. It would still be in use today if not for that 🤮 color! Refrigerators today are at best 7-10 lifespan. Dishwashers 5-7. Washer dryers prob in 7-10. Stoves are little better. This info is from someone I talked to in appliance design engineering. Me? Buy the appliance with best warranty, minimal electronic bells whistles, zero smart connection, water connections for ice and water options are biggest risk so look at reviews complaints on water leakage issues.

Smart appliances are no different than any other smart electronics. Your data may become at risk if the smart appliances are directly tied to WIFI.

No not paranoid, just tired of personal data being breached 2-3x year by companies that REFUSE to implement MAXIMUM data security protocols to protect the data they have collected and are LEGALLY responsible to protect.

Do NOT waste your money on the high end GE Monogram. Although my dual fuel range has been awesome, but my 48" fridge compressor inverter fails almost every year and needs a new one. I keep a spare on hand. It has a 20 year compressor warranty, but the rest of it is only 5 years. I bought them in 2007 as scratch and dent for half price.

The GE Profile dishwasher is great, and is so quiet we can't even hear it running. The microwave is good too.

Recent Posts