Kirby, other Gunsmiths and anyone else, New rifle quote.

Centre Punch

Just received the quote for a custom 1000yrd varmint rifle, 6mm AI, grizzly 11 action, 29" Border 5R barrel 7 contour, brake,pillar bedded into a Mcmillan MBR stock, oh, and a jewel trigger. Pretty standard stuff, the price- wait for it...... $6000! in your money. Thats the usual price charged by our better smiths here in Britain. As you can imagine i said "HOW MUCH" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and decided to have my remmy worked over and re-barrelled for $2400. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Centre Punch.

[ QUOTE ]
Just received the quote for a custom 1000yrd varmint rifle, 6mm AI, grizzly 11 action, 29" Border 5R barrel 7 contour, brake,pillar bedded into a Mcmillan MBR stock, oh, and a jewel trigger. Pretty standard stuff, the price- wait for it...... $6000! in your money. Thats the usual price charged by our better smiths here in Britain. As you can imagine i said "HOW MUCH" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and decided to have my remmy worked over and re-barrelled for $2400. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Centre Punch.

[/ QUOTE ] HELL, I'd MOVE. I don't know if they let white people into the U.S.A. for the last 40 years or so? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

the cost of things is probably why most f-class shooters i know drive rubbish cars.....

was that a generic quote or was that a particular smith centre punch?

Thats kinda Ludacris...

e-mail Chris at longshotrifles at yahoo (dot) com

i bet you're prettypleased with his quote... I know he's built a bunch of screamers for the BR guys

Talk about a hose job! It probably would be cheaper to move to the USA, and then have the rifle built.

Ah, you red-coats got lots of money! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Does seem pricey. For that dough, I believe I could stretch that into 3 or 4 really nice rifles. Look around a little longer. Can someone here in the U.S. put a rifle together and sell it to you? What are the laws governing such firearm sales?

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about a hose job! It probably would be cheaer to move to the USA, and then have the rifle built.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope...checked on that..ha..still give you the bone on duty/tax..Hey, what if you bought all GB products, how much would that ring ya? quit using the $2/£1 excuse....good kit have always been expensive here...

6000 dollars...3000 quid..lets not make the difference sound too extreme cuz the dollar is basically the peso...

JR

Wow, I just committed myself to an overhaul on my Sendero. Rebarrel with Gaillard match grade 26" (heavy benchrest profile), complete action blueprinting, install bolt sleeve, bushing and trueing firing pin, glass bed and inlet stock, install second front sling swivel, and teflon coat bolt and barrel (flat black). All that for $1300 Canadian (approx. $3.58 U.S)

The quote was from Norman Clark, who is 7 miles up the road.
I'm in love with the Grizzly action and can have a barrelled action put together for about £1800 or $3400 and stock it myself.
I've been turning this idea around in my head all morning and it is very appealing. I could sell my car but i'm just as much in love with that and i think the wife would have alot to say about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I could save even more if i were to go for a RPA Quadlite action, but apart from not looking as good as the Grizzly, i have been told that they have a slightly heavy bolt lift that is undesirable for shooting of the bench.
I have a month to decide exactly what i want so watch this space. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Centre Punch.

Centre Punch,

Don't know about the grizzly receiver but I for a couple thou less then that you could get a BAT receiver and a full blown extreme range rifle from me.

If you want a quote drop me an e-mail with what you want in the rifle and I will get you an accurte price quote.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,better check into the customs and import fees before you give out a quote.I read another thread on this board about someone trying to get an HS Precision rifle into England and it seems it about doubled the price of what we would pay here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Kirby,
Thanks very much for your offer, but as Ballistic64 says, once the government has clobbered me for 17 1/2% value added tax, anything from 6 to 15% import duty and a possible 10% surcharge for not trading with the European Union the price has risen substantially. Then we have the red tape and bureaucracy to deal with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I do believe your authorities only allow you to export to a FFL holder or equivelant, if i am wrong then there is a possibility. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts