Kimber 84m with Kahles multi-zero

duckinalaska

All right guys,
Just got back from my deployment, no big deal at all. I couldn't wait to get on the range and try out my new baby. First of all I would like to say that this rifle is right out of the box, no mods. I wanted something that I could take to the range and shoot over and over again and not worry about recoil, and barrel heat. I choose the 308 and loaded up some 168 SMK's. This rifle is a dream to shoot and I felt as if I could group any way that I wanted. It felt as if I had been shooting this rifle for years. Turns out that the rifle that I "Got a good deal on" is now my favorite to shoot. Not to mention that she is easy on the eyes with her high end wooden stock and the stainless fluted barrel. Yeah guys, I can't say enough about this rifle. All I can say is outstanding results and I can't wait to shoot her again. This is by far the best "out of the box" rifle that I have ever shot. I hate to say it, but she puts my weatherbys, remmys, and wins to shame.

Oh yeah, that Kahles 4-12x52 multi-zero is a very cool toy.
Standby for pics.

Congrats on your new toy. I am very interested on feed back in regards of the Kahles multi. I havn't heard much for feed back on this model and I am interested in its return to zero accuracy and if its user friendly with adjustments.

392020.jpg

392019.jpg

Wade, I have not toyed with the multizero function, just the regular mode. There are three modes A,B, and C. There are five zeros that you have to set. It's going to be a all day job. You know what I mean.
Brandon

Duck,
That is one fine looking piece of wood on that rifle! Looks great and shoots too, that is a tough combo to beat. Good luck with it.

And thank you for serving for those of us that can't.

Duck, she's a beauty and just like all Kimber rifles, she's a shooter. I own a 223 model 82, the one that came out of Oregon before the company was bought and moved to New York and I'm telling you, the quality of wood and the fit and finish is superb. Just don't get rough on that rifle though. I lost count on how much tears I had shed on mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RBrowning,
Thanks for the kind words. I have to admit one thing though. I just got accepted for a recruiting job back down South (close to home.) I'm threw with unknown schedules and loooong deployments. I did it for the first ten years, and it was fun. Now it's time to settle down and shoot, hunt, and fish more.
Thanks bud,
Brandon

I am seriously considering purchasing a Kimber Montana,either a .308 or 7mm-08.The only concern that I have is out of the box accuracy.Can anyone shed any "light" on the accuracy of the out of the box with precision handloads accuracy.Also how is the felt recoil from a .308?I have heard that Kimber's stock design mitigates much of the felt recoil from such a light rifle.Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jimmy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.