Kestrel 4500AB & Bushnell CON LRF

Litehiker

We now have a true revolution in a fast and entirely accurate firing solutions.

It is the combination of a Kestrel 4500 AB
and a Bushnell ARC 1 Mile CONX rangefinder

These two instruments have a new form of Bluetooth connection. Range with the ARC 1 Mile LRF and it sends the distance to the Kestrel 4500 AB ( ONLY with the new Bluetooth version, not older Bluetooth Kestrels.)

Then the Kestrel AB unit, properly loaded with your rifle's ballistics data, gives you a firing solution that has been calculated on all the necessary weather and geographic data.

I feel that from now on truly state-of-the-art laser rangefinders will need to have this CONX style new Bluetooth technology if they are to be competitive with Bushnell AND to use the new Kestrel AB with CONX to the fullest.

I guess what I'm saying is if you want to use a Kestrel 4500AB without manually loading the distance and you'd rather use another LRF than Bushnell you should hold off buying a LRF until they are available with the new form of Bluetooth.

I have read that Kestrel will upgrade models with the older Bluetooth version to the new CONX version.

Without a doubt I am sold on the 4500 AB and the 1600. The question is, will the CONX have as good or better ranging ability? I would love to hear from someone that has the Bushnell range finder.

geo,

I don't have the new CONX LRF but I do own a Bushnell ARC 1 Mile 10 X 42 binocular LRF. I love it for hunting and the reviews all say it's the best for the money and has some features that beat out more expensive LRF binoculars.

The same has been said for my Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 tactical rifle scope.

That's why I'll bet the new CONX LRF will be "very good for the money".

I am very interested in the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile rangefinder. I have been waiting for our Sportsman Warehouse to get some more in stock so I can do a hands on eval. They have good reviews but reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt sometimes. You really never know for sure if its the product bad or if the person was expecting to much from the product they bought. Any first hand info would be great.

Last edited:
I have used several of the Bushnell 1600 & Mile rangefinders finding them to range fast, accurate, and repeatable to the claimed distances ....BUT....the beam is not as focused as the Leicas so a deer on the side of a hill at a mile will range but on open flat country you will have a hard time getting a range on that small spot.
They were supposed to be out quite some time ago. Bushnell has really seemed to have stepped up with some of their recent optics like their tactical scopes with the H59...best scope for that price range.

I have been looking for a new range finder. I have finally secured some land to hunt groundhogs on. I live in the middle of SC and will be hunting in the mountains of VA. As some of you know practicing in one place and hunting in another can cause quite a bit of problems. As I am retired $1100 is a chunck of change. Most of my long range shots will be made between 400 & 600 yards. I know that is not really long range but most of my hunting in SC the average shot is under 200. I like what I read about the new bushnell. Does anyone have any in put on the conx for this app.

Well I just wrote a detailed review On the Bushnell ConX and the forum software just ate it, So I am not going to try again spending another hour writing a review,

But I will say that the Bushnell ConX is the most complete package money can Buy and it's Accuracy can be measured within inches not Yards,

John

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.