Kestrel 3500 Question

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by silvercreekguide, Mar 21, 2012.

1. silvercreekguide

silvercreekguide Well-Known Member

For those of you with a Kestrel 3500, did you set the barometric pressure and the altitude or did you leave it as how it came from the factory???

Thanks, Mike

2. SHRTSHTR

SHRTSHTR Well-Known Member

I have a 3500 & a 4500. If you set your altitude yor unit will ajust your baro. I set my baro to station pressure. I use google earth or gps to find altitude at my current location.

3. Scot E

Scot E Well-Known Member

I set mine so it gives absolute pressure. Then I only have to enter in the pressure reading into by ballistic program and the altitude setting on the ballistic program can be ignored.

You must adjust your altitude setting on the 3500 though for this to work properly. You do that by getting the correct altitude number from a map, GPS or other device then change the altitude setting to show the correct number. Then the absolute pressure reading will show correctly.

To adjust the altitude press both left and right buttons on the 3500 at the same time then you arrow left or right to make the necessary change.

HTH,

Scot E.

4. silvercreekguide

silvercreekguide Well-Known Member

So when you change the altitude the barometric pressure pops up and you set that so you are at the correct altitude, and that will be your correct absolute baro pressure?

Thanks, Mike

5. Jmwgee

Jmwgee New Member

Set it.