Kentucky " a dark and bloody ground"

Kaintuckee

Just found what seems like an unlimited number of fellow LRH enthusiasts.

I have been interested in long range hunting for several years. Always searching for someone with first hand experience that could be a mentor, no luck at all, most local hunters believe that four or six inch groups at 100 yards is very acceptable and really don't think shooting much past that distance is worth considering. They just don't understand.

Big Game rifle: H&S Pro-Series 2000 .338 Lapua w/ Leupold LPS 4.5–14 x 56

Varmint/Predator Rifle: Remington 700 BDL 25-06 w/ Leupold 6.5-20 x 50

Bernie

Hiya Kaintuckee and Welcome to LRH. I to live in Kentucky. I know the type of people you are referring to all to well. Listening to some of these people, many years ago when I bought my first high powered rifle (Ruger 25-06) topped with a Redfield scope. I set my scope as directed and called it good. Gut shot the first deer I ever shot, took a second round to relieve it of it's pain. To this day, every time I shoot my rifle, I think of that deer bawling, and that makes me strive to be the best on the range.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.