Karma.................... maybe?

bman73

Could be something to this what goeas around comes around saying after all. On Sunday I went out to the range with the nephew to do some plinking with the .22, figured I might as well bring some of the other bangsticks as well for me and my brother to play with as well. After a few shots each with the 358 for me and my 270 win for him I looked behind to see a father and son watching uswith fascination. Apparently the father had read in one of our local papers that the range was open on Fathers day for people to come out and try shooting, as we were the only one's at the range at the time the boy did look somewhat disappointed. Upon seeing the look on his face I asked him if he would like to try shooting. Needless to say it lit him up like a Christmas tree. I asked him if he wanted to come downrange with me to see what he was going to shoot at, I was going to repaint the steel plates anyways. After going out to the 200 yard range and painting the plates he was worried that it was "way too far to be able to shoot" I told him it wasn't going to be a problem and all that mattered was that he had fun anyways. To make a long story short he hit the 6"X 8" plate on his first shot. I let him shoot the 270 as I figured that was going to be his best chance and most enjoyable. The Norma hurts me so I wasn't going to ruin his experience with that. I'm willing to bet that a sandblaster couldn't of removed the grin from his face. I let him shoot out 5 more then his dad got a turn after, he never did score a hit so I'm sure some teasing went on later. Well 2 days later the results came out for our limited entry draw and I got an amazingly incredible 3 draws this year, I ended up with my bull moose, cow elk and mulie doe. 3 out of the 4 I applied for ain't too bad I'd say, only 1 I didn't get was the bison. As happy as I am to have the draws I am pretty proud of myself for hopefully showing a father and son that shooting is a fantastic sport and worth getting involved in and not at all like the negative press that guns so often get

bman,

You have every right to be proud of yourself, Hell Im proud of you too. Thank you for being a great role model. We need more men like you in this world.

Thank you again, Jason

Good job bman! Not only is working with kids a great way to preserve the future of our sport, seeing that smile light up the face of a kid when shooting is just plain awesome!!:)

Bman, it's actions like that make us all better sportsman. Great job and I hope you all the success in the world on your upcoming hunts.

Last edited:
Good job bman! Not only is working with kids a great way to preserve the future of our sport, seeing that smile light up the face of a kid when shooting is just plain awesome!!:)

I couldnt aree with you more on this great job. I do believe in Karma as well. Sounds like you made this father and son's day!!!!!!!

Great job

very nice, good luck on all your hunts, we want pics and stories after them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.