just picked up a 240 mark v

lloydsmale

anyone have any stand out load recomendations? Look for deer so 100 grains stuff for the most part and cup and core bullets for the most part.

I love my 257 too. thanks id seen those loads. Appreciate the heads up though.

Last edited:
Had a buddy that had a 240W made up on a Mauser 98 action with a Douglas barrel at one time. He was using heavy charges of H4831 with 100 Sierra and Nosler partitions. The partitions worked best on deer because he got a number of inside 150 yards shots. But when the yardage got longer the Sierras did fine. On close shots the Sierra really blew up at that high velocity. If you have not gotten your cases yet be prepared for STICKER SHOCK. Those things are nearly $2.00 each the cheapest you can find them.

ya brass is harder to find then the needle in the haystack. I found 80 once fired brass to get started with but they werent cheap either.

I have loaded for the 240. My hunting buddy shoots a mark v. We ended up with imr 4350 and 90gr scirocco. It would touch holes at 100yds. If you want the exact load details i will get a round from him and post it back to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts