Have the chance to pick up a

Southernfryedyankee

RCBS RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit

Cabela's -- RCBS RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit

For $302 shipped from Cabelas, is this a good kit for a beginner. The stores around me sell the same kit for $350-375 so I figured maybe with the extra $$$ I save from getting it through Cabelas I could get 2 or 3 reloading manuals as well. The kit comes with a Speer reloading guide

Depends on your goals. If you are just reloading, not a bad kit. If you are handloading for precision, maybe not so good.

I bought mine 15 years ago and still use it today. Its a good kit.

+1
My first kit was the rockchucker and I bought it in 1962 and I still use it today.

I did buy the newer/bigger rockchucker press for the longer magnum cartridges
and use the 47 year old for standard cartridges and pistols.

You cant go wrong with the RCBS.

Just my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

The following thread addresses the same question as you have:

www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/looking-start-reloading-how-rcbs-reloading-starters-kit-42341/

I'm not encouraged about the quality of the new RCBS press. We're seeing evidence of a poorly fitted ram, and that's not good. The press is being made in China, and that alone turns many people off.

As you will see, I recommend against a kit, simply because I believe that you can do better (not cheaper) by picking your own pieces. It takes more effort, but it also better prepares you for reloading, both knowledge-wise and equipment-wise.

Searches on these forums will get you lot of information. Be thorough.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.